http://www.attractionchecklist.com – The Halloween celebrations continue with a ride on Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark at Disney California Adventure. Recorded on October 2, 2018.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
Halloween is here and it’s time to take a ride on another attraction that has received a Halloween Overlay! Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark at DisneyCalifornia Adventure. Located in the Hollywood Land area of the park (for now), Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark is described on the Disneyland website by saying: Join Rocket in his thrilling race to rescue Groot during this daring Halloween adventure! Guests must be 40” or taller to ride the attraction and FastPass is available. The Thrill level describes the attraction as being a Thrill Ride with Big Drops that is Dark Loud and Scary.
Before we head back in to the Collector’s Fortress, here are five fast facts about Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark.
1. Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout, the retimed Tower of Terror, opened on May 27, 2017. In August of 2017, it was abounded that the attraction would have a special Halloween overlay called Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark. The overlay debuted on September 15, 2017.
2. Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark is unique in that the ride only switches over to the Halloween Overlay after sunset! So guests can ride two different versions of the attraction in one day! Mission Breakout in the morning and Monsters After Dark at night. It only takes about an hour of downtime to switch between the two. On October 31st, the attraction features Monsters After Dark all day.
3. The events in Monsters After Dark take place moments after the events seen in the regular ride. The Guardians of the Galaxy have escaped but Groot got left behind and it’s up to guests to help Rocket find him. If you need a refresher of the regular ride’s storyline, go back and listen to episode #32 of Attraction Checklist where we covered that ride.
4. The attraction also receives a new lobby video that is filled with scenes of The Collector’s employees trying to get the creatures who escaped in Mission Breakout back in their cages. There’s also a brief cameo by the Guardians of the Galaxy character Yondu who appears a a ghost roaming the halls!
5. Monsters After Dark also features a brand new song as you’re riding the attraction. The tune, called Monsters After Dark, was written by Tyler Bates who scored the Guardians of the Galaxy films.
Let’s get set to ride Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark. After the ride audio, I’ll give you my thoughts on this attraction and this is a binaural recording so if you have headphones, put them on now as we ride Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark at Disney California Adventure.
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2019 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco