IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – Epcot – Attraction Checklist #83
http://www.attractionchecklist.com – Let’s head to Epcot to bid a fond farewell to IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth! Recorded on August 17, 2019.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
It is time for Attraction Checklist to visit EPCOT in Walt Disney World and bid a fond farewell to the nighttime spectacular knows as IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Before IllumiNations ended, the guide map described the show by saying: The World Showcase Promenade comes alive nightly with the brilliance and splendor of music, lights, lasers, water fountains and custom pyrotechnics in our signature nighttime spectacular, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Since this was a show there were no height or age requirements and FastPass+ was available.
Before we gather around the fire one last time, here are 5 fast facts about IllumiNations.
1. IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth debate at EPCOT in Walt Disney World on September 22, 1999. This show was a revamped version of the previous IllumiNations shows that was created for the year 2000 Millennium celebration. When it debuted it was called IllumiNations 2000: Reflections of Earth. The show proved to be so popular that after the Millennium Celebration ended, the show continued, dropping the 2000 from its official name.
2. To drive the Millennium Celebration theme home, World Showcase Lagoon was surrounded by 19 torches representing the first 19 centuries of the common era. At the end of the show, the iconic globe opened and revealed a 20th torch for the 20th century.
3. The show’s signature globe was over 3 stories high and was the world’s first spherical video display system.
4. The control booth for the show is located above the Mexico Pavilion in World Showcase. The show uses more than 65 computers scattered around the park on 40 separate locations.
5. On April 9, 2019, the Disney Park Blog announced that after 20 years, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth would close to make way for new shows. The show had its final performance on September 30, 2019.
Now it’s time to blow out the torches one last time. I’ll give you my thoughts after the show audio. This is a binaural recording so if you have headphones, put them on now as we enjoy, for the last time, EPCOT’S IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth!
The attraction audio recorded for this episode is available exclusively to the Saturday Morning Media Patron Patron. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Episode edited by Stephen Staver
Show ©2019 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco