Haunted Mansion Holiday – Disneyland – Attraction Checklist #010
Two holidays collide on this episode as we take a ride on Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland. Listen through this spooky attraction with us and then listen in as I discuss the attraction with Suzie. We welcome your thoughts over at the Attraction Checklist Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/attractionchecklist. Ride audio recorded on September 18, 2016.
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
On today’s episode we experience the collision of two holidays as we ride Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland.
Located in Liberty Square, the 22 minute long attraction
Before we go celebrate Jack Skellington’s vision of christmas at the Haunted Mansion, here are five fast facts about Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- The Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay of Disneylands Haunted Mansion first opened on October 1, 2001. The popularity of the overlay has continued every year since and typically opens in the fall and remains open through early January so guests can visit during the Halloween and Christmas seasons.
- The voice of the Ghost Host in Haunted Mansion Holiday is provided by Corey Burton. He does an excellent voice match for the original ghost host Paul Frees who passed away in 1986.
- Imagineer Leota Tombs who provided the face and voice of Madame Leeota in the Haunted Mansion also needed a replacement as she had passed on in 1991. The voice of Madame Leota for Haunted Mansion Holiday is provided by actress Susanne Blakeslee. The face of Madame Leota in the crystal ball is none other than Kim Irvine, Leota Toombs’ daughter who also works as an imagineer at Disney.
- A new musical score for the attraction was composed by Gordon Goodwin. In 2002, an adapted score by John Debney began being used although elements of Goodwin’s original score are still used in various parts of the attraction.
- One Haunted Mansion Holiday tradition is every year since the Holiday overlay began, a new themed Gingerbread house has appeared on the dining table in the ballroom of the Mansion made out of real gingerbread! Some of the creepy houses have reached heights of 15 feet and used over 200 pounds of Gingerbread in their making
Now it’s time to hop a holiday doom buggy and see what presents Jack has brought us. Along for the ride is Suzie and we’ll discuss our thoughts on Haunted Mansion Holiday after the ride audio. The audio has been trimmed a little so as to get on the ride faster after the stretching room. Once again this attraction audio is a binaural recording so if you have headphones put them on now as we experience Haunted Mansion Holiday.
This show is not affiliated or endorsed by the Walt Disney Company. It is for entertaiment purposes only.
Show ©2016 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco